Having become aware of GMO and steroid-laden “food,” America has started another revolution. This revolution is one in favor of “real” food. Americans are studying the body and what is good for cellular health. They are demanding and getting organic foods. They are using herbal supplements and food as medicine.
What Are Cells?
Cells are the building blocks of the body. The organs, skin, brain, as well as blood, contain trillions of cells. They take in the nutrition from foods and supplements and turn them into energy. Additionally, they contain hereditary information. They replicate themselves constantly.
Threats To Cellular Health
Our toxic world bombards the cells with exhaust from motor vehicles, industrial pollution, plastic “food,” smoking, chemicals in cleaning and personal hygiene products, heavy metals in our water supply, and much more. Inside the body, these are called free radicals. Our cells aren’t visible, though. We don’t know that we are under attack until serious illness wakes us up.
Food For Thought
Hippocrates said, “Let thy food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be thy food.” When the body consumes raw fruits and vegetables, it consumes the protective elements of the plant as well. This means the phytonutrients with which the plant protects itself from predators protects the body, too.
Cooking destroys the very nutrients the cells need for optimal health. Processed “foods” contain nothing the body recognizes as healthy. The more cooked or processed the food, the more the body is left open to illness and disease. Dr. Axe has put together a list of cell health-friendly foods. See it here.
Herbal Supplements For Healthy Cells
What Foods Should I Eat to Promote Cellular Health?
Not everyone can get all the necessary nutrients from their food. If you can’t get into a big mouthful of algae, then perhaps an herbal supplement would work. Dr. Axe recommends these.
- Acai or Goji powders. Not many people can get their hands on the berries, so supplementation is necessary. They’re packed with antioxidants that fight free radicals.
- Spirulina or chlorella. These greens are vital to cell health, such as fighting off those heavy metals we discussed above.
- Probiotics boost the immune system from the cells out.
- Milk Thistle. This herb helps the skin remain healthy and lessens inflammation.
- Frankincense and myrrh essential oils aid the body in several ways besides strengthening the cells. Relaxation, antifungal, and fighting inflammation are just a few benefits.
For more health tips and natural vitamins or supplements that can provide wonderful benefits for your body, check out this awesome site!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.